Welcome to Patient-Centered Medical Home
Patient- Centered means that your child, the patient, is the most important person in the health care system. You and your child are the center of your child’s healthcare.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) believes that the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents should be accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective. These characteristics define the Medical Home (AAP Policy Statement, 2002).
This means our practice, as your Medical Home, is a central resource for all your child’s care needs. It is a place where doctors, practitioners, and other health care tem members use evidence – based medicine and technology to practice the highest quality medical care, are available when you need us, and work together with you to provide comprehensive care.
Access and Communication:
We are open 365 days a year, have weekend and holiday hours and can be reached by phone 24 hours a day. We offer same day appointments for routine and urgent care. You may access the patient portal at www.carithersgroup.com to request non-emergent appointments, prescription refills, lab results, school/camp/sports forms, and immunization records.
As Your Patient Centered Medical Home We Will:
- Take care of your child when he or she is sick and well,
- Help plan your child’s care and/ or set goals for care, now, and in the future,
- Talk with you about any testing, treatment, or referrals that your child needs,
- Review a comprehensive care plan if your child has special health care needs and monitor any self-care plans your provider prescribes,
- Work with you and other care providers/ specialists to coordinate care across multiple settings,
- Listen to your concerns as well as your child’s,
- Create a trusting and collaborative relationship with you and your child,
- Help you find needed information and resources such as information about pediatric specialists, health conditions and latest treatments, home care and equipment, support and relief services for your family and other needed local services.
What Do We Expect from You and Your Child?
- Become comfortable sharing information with our team and make sure the provider knows each child’s entire medical history,
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs, family needs, or changes in your child’s health,
- Remember to tell our team about any care your child received between visits to our office (such as emergency room visits, urgent care clinics, or specialists visits ),
- Request that any other doctor your child sees, sends us a report including copies of lab work, test results, and any imaging results,
- Keep your child’s appointments as scheduled,
- Adhere to the action plan designed by your child’s provider,
- Know your insurance and what it covers
Coordination of Care:
We help guide our new patients migrate their personal health record from their former provider and coordinate the transition.
For more information, please refer to this link: New Patients
At Carithers Pediatrics, you can expect to receive evidenced-based care as well as support for self-management of your health and healthcare. We provide free access to our telephone advice book and up-to-date educational resources and current literature regarding specific health issues.
For more information, please click on the links below:
Carithers Pediatrics provides equal access for all patients accepted into the practice, regardless of insurance status. We accept many insurance policies including limited Medicaid policies. We also welcome uninsured patients on a self-pay basis. We advise that you contact our Billing Office at (904) 387-9505 to verify acceptance of your insurance policy before making your first appointment.
For information pertaining to billing and payment policy, please refer to this link: Office Policies
For more information regarding Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Programs, please refer to this link: http://www.myflfamilies.com/
- Infant, Child, and Adolescent Well Child Check-ups and Annual Physicals
- Adolescent Preventative Care
- Asthma and Allergy Care
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD) Evaluation and Treatment
- Chronic Condition Care and Management
- Comprehensive Phone Advice
- Developmental Screenings
- Electronic Medical Record System
- Expectant Parent Classes
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Laboratory Services
- Newborn Nursery Care
- Nutrition and Weight Loss Consultation and Treatment Program
- Referral Coordination for Specialists
- Screening for Emotional, Developmental, and Behavioral Health Issues, and Referrals and/or Treatment as needed
- Treatment for Minor Lacerations and Injuries
- 24 Hour Answering Service
Our Health Care Team:
Office Hours and Operations: